Halloween makeup looks can really make or break your Halloween costume. The right makeup adds the perfect mix of scary, fun, or beauty to your look. See how easy it is to create a great look with just makeup.
Super Hero Makeup Ideas
This picture is one of my favorites. It shows how creative you can get with just a little makeup. These looks were all created with LimeLife makeup. The number one product used in all four of these super hero designs is LimeLife's Perfect Eyeliner Pen. This pen is perfect for Halloween makeup looks because it lets you draw a super thin line. Or, draw thick lines or fill in large areas like the batman face.
Scary Makeup Looks
If you're going for a scary Halloween look you can really get creative. LimeLife Foundation in shade 01 (formerly called porcelain) is the perfect color for Halloween makeup looks. The color is almost white so you can create so many looks with it. Add some dark eyeshadow, eyeliner and then add whatever details you'd like. From zombies, to ghosts and everything in between, there are plenty of scary looks you can create with makeup.
Best Makeup to Use for Halloween
The nice thing about using regular makeup vs costume makeup for your Halloween makeup looks is that it won't irritate your skin. And, you can use the makeup year round and won't have to spend extra money just for Halloween. This is especially true when you stick with using foundation, eyeshadow, and eyeliner. These are all standard products you probably use every day, so you can simply get creative with what you already have on hand.
When thinking about what makeup to use for your costume, remember to think outside the box. For instance, eye shadow doesn't have to be used only around your eyes. Use it on your lips, or on your cheeks to contour or add color. Likewise, lipstick can be used on your cheeks and eyes. There's really no limit to how you can use makeup. Be creative and have fun coming up with unique looks.
How to Save Money With Halloween Makeup Looks
As I mentioned above, I think that sticking with traditional makeup instead of costume makeup is the way to go. You'll not only save money, you'll be helping your skin. The ingredients in costume makeup are usually not high quality and they can irritate skin. This is especially true if you have sensitive skin.
Traditional makeup is also easier to work with. Use a cream foundation and you'll be able to blend different shades beautifully. And, layering it with blush, bronzer, or powders will give you a much better look than the chalky costume paints that are hard to work with.
If you have to purchase new makeup to help with your Halloween makeup looks, try to find makeup that you can use again. I mentioned that choosing eyeliner and eyeshadows is a good way to save money. This is especially true if you go with an eyeshadow palette like LimeLife's where you can customize the colors. Choose just the colors you need and you won't end-up wasting money on colors you won't use.
Day of the Dead Makeup Ideas
I love day of the dead designs and this is one of my favorites. This is another example of how you can really be creative and have fun when it comes to creating Halloween makeup looks. Start with a light foundation for the base and then add layers to create the look you want. Eyeshadows are the perfect choice for getting the depth of color you want.
Pretty Makeup Ideas for Halloween
Your look for Halloween doesn't have to be scary. There are so many options for creating truly beautiful looks using makeup. Take the two pictures below. The first look is absolutely gorgeous and she created it all with makeup, some sequins, and spray-in hair coloring.
The second look is a unicorn and I think it's adorable. And what I love about this look is that it's perfect for all ages. You could create the look on a child, teen, or adult. All would look beautiful and you could simply accessorize the look differently based on age and the look you want to achieve. You can use spray in hair color (Amazon link) to complete the look.
Easy Makeup Ideas for Halloween
A lot of the examples I've shown so far are full-face Halloween makeup looks. But what about if you need a costume, or need to dress-up for a Halloween party but you want something a little more subtle? There are a lot of easy Halloween looks that you can put together with just a little makeup and clothes you have around the house. Some ideas include:
- Witch: A classic costume idea that doesn't require a lot to put it together.
- Clown: Another classic costume that people either love or hate. What I like about a clown costume is that you don't have to do the traditional white face. Just create the traditional triangles above and below your eyes and you have an easy clown makeup look.
- Cat: This one is super easy to put together and you can go keep it as simple, or elaborate as you'd like. The classic cat makeup look is a simple black nose and some whiskers on the cheeks. These are both easy to do with eyeliner.
- Minnie Mouse: As a Disney phenetic this is one of my favorites. I've seen different variations for Minnie Mouse makeup. One approach is to keep it clean and simple and focus on the colors of Minnie, black and red. Use black eyeliner and mascara to make your eyes pop, keep your complexion light and add red lipstick. Another variation is really just a spin-off of cat makeup. You can create this look by going with a black nose and red lipstick, but skip the whiskers.
- Devil: Going with a devil costume is another one that you can pull together with things from around the house. Use red eyeshadow and black eyeliner to create any variation of devil eyes that you like. This is where you can keep it simple, or really get creative. Top it off with devil horns and you have a great costume.
Easy Halloween Makeup Tutorial
For this tutorial all you need is black eyeliner, black eyeshadow, and white face paint or a white foundation like LimeLife's Perfect Foundation in shade 01. You'll see how easy it is to create the shading simply by blending. You can use this tutorial as a starting point for creating your own skull design. What's fun about Halloween makeup looks is that there is no right or wrong way to do it. Just have fun!
Summary for Halloween Makeup Looks
It doesn't take a lot of makeup to create a great look to compliment a Halloween costume. I'd say that foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner and lip color give you the most options. And if you only have eyeshadow and eyeliner you can do a lot just with those. The key is don't be shy. Halloween is all about having fun and bringing out the kid in us all. So have a blast and I hope you've gotten some inspiration here with the Halloween makeup looks I've shared.
Related Makeup Articles: